New Beardie Mommy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my little girl for about 2 weeks, shes settling in relatively well, eating, pooing, shedding. But I cant get a straight answer out of anyone as to how much live food she should be eating. I feel like 15 worms 3 times a day is too much but shes ALWAYS hungry. Ive started her on pheonix worms and she loves them, so how many is too much ?? shes only 2 months old, 5 inches with tail. Any help would be appreciated !
90254-3032957139.jpg

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
Rainbow Mealworms online, it was suggested by a bunch of other beardie owners, she gets fed 3 times a day, worms/crickets/greens, and a snack in between if she has a bath. I just worry about overfeeding cause I worry about impaction or something. She'll eat 45 worms a day minimum, guess it just seems like a lot I guess.

I've read that babies will eat eat eat eat haha. As long as she is pooping normally i don't think I'd worry about it too much. I've seen that Phoenix worms claims a difference in nutrition between brands, but symton sells bsfl for much cheaper. About $20 for 1000ct.

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
Oh wow I might have to look into that. I just read somewhere else they can eat up too like 70 small worms/crickets in a day.

Yea, a much more manageable price for a growing baby haha. There are also other brands such as reptiworm and calciworm, though I'm not sure on their prices and one of them doesn't recommend using as a sole staple, so I probably wouldn't go with them. I believe most people offer more than just one kind of insect to help offset the costs.

My beardie won't be here till Wednesday, but i just ordered some from symton and I've seen that other members order from symton too

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, are you feeding solely mealworms?? If so, STOP ASAP!! Mealworms can cause impaction which can be fatal. Try calciworms/reptiworms/BSFL/phoenix worms, silkworms, crickets, or dubia roaches

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
How do I add more photos on here ? I can figure it out :shock: lol she just started her torso shed this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom