New Beardie Mommy !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had my little girl for about 2 weeks, shes settling in relatively well, eating, pooing, shedding. But I cant get a straight answer out of anyone as to how much live food she should be eating. I feel like 15 worms 3 times a day is too much but shes ALWAYS hungry. Ive started her on pheonix worms and she loves them, so how many is too much ?? shes only 2 months old, 5 inches with tail. Any help would be appreciated !
90254-3032957139.jpg

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
Rainbow Mealworms online, it was suggested by a bunch of other beardie owners, she gets fed 3 times a day, worms/crickets/greens, and a snack in between if she has a bath. I just worry about overfeeding cause I worry about impaction or something. She'll eat 45 worms a day minimum, guess it just seems like a lot I guess.

I've read that babies will eat eat eat eat haha. As long as she is pooping normally i don't think I'd worry about it too much. I've seen that Phoenix worms claims a difference in nutrition between brands, but symton sells bsfl for much cheaper. About $20 for 1000ct.

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
Oh wow I might have to look into that. I just read somewhere else they can eat up too like 70 small worms/crickets in a day.

Yea, a much more manageable price for a growing baby haha. There are also other brands such as reptiworm and calciworm, though I'm not sure on their prices and one of them doesn't recommend using as a sole staple, so I probably wouldn't go with them. I believe most people offer more than just one kind of insect to help offset the costs.

My beardie won't be here till Wednesday, but i just ordered some from symton and I've seen that other members order from symton too

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, are you feeding solely mealworms?? If so, STOP ASAP!! Mealworms can cause impaction which can be fatal. Try calciworms/reptiworms/BSFL/phoenix worms, silkworms, crickets, or dubia roaches

DonnaRaine

Original Poster
How do I add more photos on here ? I can figure it out :shock: lol she just started her torso shed this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom