Ceramic heating bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Furmeses

Hi, i recently bought a new 40 w ceramic heating bulb for night temps which ive used last night and currently tonight however there seems to be like a bit of a burning smell this smell however only lasts about ten mins before slowly fading is that just naturally for new bulbs or is it something bad. im using a ceramic e27 fitting so it dosnt melt.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can get quite hot and a bit of smell is normal as long as it stops after a short while and nothing except that ceramic socket and metal dome are near it to burn/melt, especially the cage top. How is it working for your temps? I started using the heat projector bulbs from ReptileUV because they run much cooler than the CHEs.

Furmeses

Original Poster
My cage is full wood so no plastic tops and there about 28 degrees centre down from where it is so I open to cage a little bit becsuse he sleeps there so his average temps are about 24 degrees at night

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK that sounds pretty good. Keep an eye out for any burning but the smell shouldn't be an issue after the bulb is burnt in a bit and nothing comes in contact with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom