Best veggies for beardie salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I like to reference that list for ideas as well. I try to offer 2-3 items in each salad and just rotate based on what looks fresh at the store each week. You'll find that your dragon will start to prefer some items over others via trial and error.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
I've got it bookmarked on my IPhone for reference. I do like picking up fresh veggies, maybe something I can eat if he does not. It's easy to find the dandelion greens in spring & summer, not so much in the winter. I prefer to buy things by the pound instead of the bunch. I go to other stores where I can pick up odd things like cactus.

ruben0311

Juvie Member
Fred will only eat Dandelions at the moment, i've tried pretty much everything else but i guess he just being stubborn at the moment... find what your beardie likes and try and have that the large part of the meal, mixed in with various other items, then slowly try and reduce the amount of the favorite and also cut into smaller pieces so that they "accidentally" snatch up the other veggies along with their favorites...

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
okay thank you i am still trying to find a grocery store in my area that sells the greens i should be feeding my beardie. i cant seem to find one as its winter and i live in canada clearly greens are hard to find ive tried 2 different grocery stores and neither had what i wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom