"High colored" babies??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got 2 baby dragons about a month ago and I was told they were "high color." I want to say the original ad said hypo orange but it's no longer available. Anyhow I'm wondering if anyone can tell by looking at them as babies if they really are "high color" as I was told. Sometimes I think they look very colorful and other times they look like they have no color. I think it's usually close to shedding time that they look more colorless which I know is normal but now it's got me wondering. My husband looked in on them the other day and made the comment "I think you got duped. They don't look like they have anymore color than our older one who was just a plain color." Now he's got me worried. Of course they'll be well cared for regardless but I was hoping for more color this time.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The babies will have some color but you'll not be able to tell until they're close to adult size. The one parent dragon is a high yellow but crossed with a muted orange it may cancel out the yellow to a degree. I raised a lot of babies, including from very high color parents and there is huge variation in every line, esp. if the parents are different color. They are pretty dragons though, and the babies will be interesting and beautiful.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
When I was breeding them (25+ years ago) there were not as many colorful dragons or mutations. I had some greens, yellow, and orange. They were not as brightly colored as ones I see now..but I had to tell everyone that bought them to wait about a year for the color to come in. Many owners called or emailed me to let me know that they did color up. So yours may get better as they age.

JeffDinTexas

I ordered a red baby bearded dragon from an online store and they were out of stock but had a 'high colored' baby for the same price. So I went ahead and got the high colored baby instead. It looks very similar to the pics you have shared there is a very slight bit of tangerine color but for the most part it is a dull grayish brown pattern on a light tan background. I have emailed the store a couple times to explain what 'high color' denotes but they never responded. So here's hoping that it will become more colorful as it matures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom