Tail Rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaddychainsaw

I saved a bearded dragon from petco recently and noticed that there is something weird about his tail. I've read about tail rot, I think he has it but I want to make sure because I have little to no money and I'm kind of hoping it is something that has come and passed than something that is happening to him currently (it's been about a week and it seems his tail has not changed) His tail looks strange compared to what I've seen/read it isn't turning black More of a ashy color but it definitely looks dead

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you get a closer pic ? Is that a strip about an inch up on the tail where the scales are missing ? It may be the beginning of tail rot, it's possibly rotting underneath the scales. You might put some Neosporin on it or a bit of raw, unpasteurized honey [ a natural antimicrobial ] Just be sure if you use honey that there are no loose insects in the tank , they would be attracted to the honey.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
I worked at a Petco and in order for your dragon to see a vet, you will have to relinquish/return him so custody is transferred back to Petco. You will likely have the option to repurchase, but legally they can't tell you what the vet said, what's wrong, or what meds he might be on. You also can not buy him back until after his treatment, if any is deemed necessary, is completed. Though it is admirable to want to save an animal, know that buying that animal from the store only encourages their cruel practices. You have to think about it in a supply and demand sort of way. If you ever see an animal at a store in need of rescue or vet care, speak to the manager and offer/ask to adopt the animal for free. Most stores will do that as it's cheaper than paying for the vet visit. Also, PLEASE call the number on the outside of the habitats and report the store and the mill. When I adopted a Leopard a Gecko from a store that died a day later, I called and reported the mills they use for constantly sending in diseased and ill animals.

And just as a thought, if you can not regularly afford veterinary care for an animal, it may be best for that animal to be with someone who can.

I wish the best for the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom