Tail rot??? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

KadensWillis

Does this look like tail rot? He just finished his first shed. I had to help the last bit of the tail shed with a cotton ball during his bath last night.
90181-8818009444.jpg
90181-2539489041.jpg

I'm a bit worried. This is our first bearded dragon. Thanks.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, that does look like something is going on with the last portion of his tail. Has he shed his tail recently? It looks like there could some constriction on the tail. Did he have his tail pinched by anything previously? Have you bathed him to see if you can get any skin off of his tail?
How long has it appeared darker then the rest of the tail?
The lower portion looks like it might shrivel up & fall off. Is the end of the tail hard?
You will need to watch for the discoloration to travel upwards on the tail, because that can cause infection. Can you get him to a vet to have him check the tail out?

Tracie

KadensWillis

Original Poster
I did just remove the last portion of his tail shedding last night when I bathed him. The end of his tail is a bit hard although when I bath him it softens up. I soaked his tail in a deluted bedidine solution for 5 min and then put neosporine on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiamYe
Top Bottom