Beardie got angry while I was away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

Haven't used this account in a long time (since my last question), but I thought I'd bring it up because while I went on a week long vacation to Cancun, Mexico (it was awesome!) I left my family to feed and care for my beardie while I was away.

When I got back at first I thought he looked a little thin even though he was fed almost every day and was pooping regularly. Perhaps I just didn't remember him being that thin and nothing has changed. However, they told me his beard got black and he was pretty angry following my dad around his tank recently. His beard was pretty grey/black when I got home, but it cleared up pretty quick after I took him out of his cage while I cut him up some lettuce. My mom and dad thinks that my Ernie just missed me while I was away :p

Has anyone else ever gone on vacation with your lizard friend in someone else's care showing off some unusual behavior?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
They do bond very strongly with their principal human carer.

And they do miss them when absent. Put it down to his feeling anxious / confused and missing you.\

I recently had no choice but to be admitted to hospital and was absent for nearly a month and had to rely on my wife to care for my lizards.
They all became depressed and refused to eat much for her, Toothless my little boy went on a hunger strike and refused to eat anything at all (even refused superworms and silkworms !!!).

As soon as I got home , they were all showing they were pleased to see me and were very clingy when I was nursing/ petting them (refusing to be put back in their tanks or to go down onto the floor) and Toothless discovered he was hungry with a vengeance (ate like a champ for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom