Hydration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sshunk

Had Spike for almost a year and he seems healthy with no issues. But have NEVER seen him drink from his water bowl or when in his bath which he hates. Only hydration he gets is from fruit/veggies. I honestly hadn'tthought about it one way or the other till reading some posts. Should I start giving him water by other means or 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Most bearded dragons will almost never drink from a bowl. If you are really worried, you can give him a bath or use an eye dropper to put a tiny bit of water on his nose, although its shouldn't be a problem at all. Just wash his veggies and don't dry them- that should be more than enough water. Too much water can lead to runny poo.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My observation with beardies is they are more likely to poo in the water (it smells less under the water) or sit in the water to thermoregulate when too hot, drink from it, never ever seen any of mine drink standing water in a bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom