Dragon wont eat, Constantly wanting out of his enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zh99f2008

My beardie is 10 months old, he's always lived in the same room in my old house his entire life. I've recently moved from New York to North Carolina and ever since we got to the new house he's been acting weird, the first 2 days he was fine and was eating, but now a week later he won't eat any dubia roaches (which are his favorite) and he always is tying to get out of his cage. When I do let him out it I let him run around my bedroom but it always seems like he looking for something. He scratches at the walls like he does in his cage. I thought maybe he wants to explore since it's new environment so i let him out to the rest of the house. He's a smart bugger to he knows what doors are and he'll stand in front of them and scratch at them until i open them. His cage temps are fine, basking area is 105F, UVB is fine as well. Seems like hes shedding on his tail but all the other times when he was full body shedding he would eat. I'm completely lost as what to do. He hasn't eaten a roach in about a week now, I forced down 3 grapes in the last day or two so that he at least has something in his stomach. He's also pooping normally, lately been pooping once a day.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Zh99f2008":hy2pvsjo said:
My beardie is 10 months old, he's always lived in the same room in my old house his entire life. I've recently moved from New York to North Carolina and ever since we got to the new house he's been acting weird, the first 2 days he was fine and was eating, but now a week later he won't eat any dubia roaches (which are his favorite) and he always is tying to get out of his cage. When I do let him out it I let him run around my bedroom but it always seems like he looking for something. He scratches at the walls like he does in his cage. I thought maybe he wants to explore since it's new environment so i let him out to the rest of the house. He's a smart bugger to he knows what doors are and he'll stand in front of them and scratch at them until i open them. His cage temps are fine, basking area is 105F, UVB is fine as well. Seems like hes shedding on his tail but all the other times when he was full body shedding he would eat. I'm completely lost as what to do. He hasn't eaten a roach in about a week now, I forced down 3 grapes in the last day or two so that he at least has something in his stomach. He's also pooping normally, lately been pooping once a day.

Probably a combination of relocation stress, teenage hormones kicking in, and he is curious and wants out to explore.

Keep offering him is food, he'll likely settle down shortly, though the hormone overload might take a few months for him to work through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom