Respirtory Infection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!
I left my dad to take care of Lucy for 3 days and I'm afraid she got too cold due to his neglect. When I got home, she hopped off her log very slowly and bobbed her head very slowly to greet me. I turned her lights on as they were off when I got there turned the heat in my apartment up to 80 and she got more active bobbed her head as usual ate a little pooped normally. I use a reptisun 10 24 inch bulb and a normal heat lamp. Her temps are perfect (80 on the cold side 100-110 in the basking area). She has carpet in her tank. She's been coughing since I got home. She's also in the middle of a full body shed. She's been coughing more frequently today compared to yesterday. Yesterday I gave her a bath with shed aid and let her out to run around the house and she was happy and didn't cough at all. She even humped her bath towel and bobbed her head at the mirror lizard. I just noticed today she coughed and her leg twitched. And then she did it again. Last night she had trouble coughing. I ordered reptiaid and it comes tomorrow. Is there anything I can do to comfort her in the time being? She's not lethargic just less active than her usually hyper self. She also keeps closing her eyes.

Is there anything I can do to comfort her in the time being?
I want to avoid a vet until absolutely necessary (please do not just reply she needs a vet right now because i dont believe in doctors or antibiotics). I's extremely cold out and she won't ride in the car unless I let her sleep on my chest. I can't afford a vet right now and I can't imagine giving her shots of antibiotics for a week. The closest reptile vet is an hour away anyhow. She HATES strangers. I don't want to cause her more stress than I have to.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I understand your viewpoint on vets/medicine. My views are different, but lets agree to disagree.

First, are you sure she is a he? Her behavior sounds A LOT like a male dragon.

As for the RI, you can keep her temperatures at 80 overnight to help boost her immune system.

Natural supplements you can try are:
Bee pollen (boosts immune system)
Serrapeptase (breaks down mucus, helpful if RI worsens/persists)
Colloidal silver (natural antibiotic, won't kill good gut flora)

ToughPrincess

Original Poster
Skipper7":1gyyd74t said:
I understand your viewpoint on vets/medicine. My views are different, but lets agree to disagree.

First, are you sure she is a he? Her behavior sounds A LOT like a male dragon.

As for the RI, you can keep her temperatures at 80 overnight to help boost her immune system.

Natural supplements you can try are:
Bee pollen (boosts immune system)
Serrapeptase (breaks down mucus, helpful if RI worsens/persists)
Colloidal silver (natural antibiotic, won't kill good gut flora)

Oh yeah I forgot to mention she has balls. But I just found out a few months ago and really the whole gender issue isn't important to me. She knows her name and stuff and I'm not confusing her.
I have been sleeping with an ice pack to keep her warm.
How do I administer the natural supplements you're talking about? Could yoy go more into detail with where I get them how much to give her ect.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Tracie (Drache13) a mod on here runs a site that sells all of the above. http://www.bug-de-lite.com/store/

To be honest, I'm not sure on dosing. I will do some research for you. Could you let me know how much your dragon weighs? It might be needed for dosing.

P.S.: You can get a ceramic heater bulb to keep the tank warm. It's probably cheaper and more comfortable for you than heating the apartment.

ToughPrincess

Original Poster
I had a ceramic heat bulb before and it was WAY too hot. I will get one when I get paid in a few days, though.
My main concern is alleviating her discomfort until her medicine comes tomorrow.
Her coughing kept both of us up all night and I feel like I have a sick baby on my hands and don't know what else to do to make her feel better :(

ToughPrincess

Original Poster
I have no idea how much she weighs... I can buy a gram scale tomorrow. She's about the same size as the beardie in the picture above if that helps any. Maybe a little chubbier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom