Proud new owner of a bearded dragon named pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. I just purchased a bearded dragon for a birthday present to myself. But this is my first beardie. I have owned a leopard gecko which recently passed away due to my ex wife killing it.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, and welcome to the wonderful world of berardies! I am so sorry about your leo, it is never easy loosing a pet :cry:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
thank you. my beardie and i have been together for about 4 days and every time i come home she (i think its female im going with it until i know for certain) starts looking around as soon as i say something to her and she already lets me hold her i have to change her substrate tonight as she is on sand that her terrarium kit came with. but i was informed this is not a good substrate for her. even though i like the color its really cool. i just dont want her to get impacted from ingesting the sand. shes about 2 months old. super alert and all over the place much like myself.

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
i am using the reptisun uvb its a coil bulb i think. i was told at the pet store that the sand would be okay but then i got it all setup started reading that sand is bad and im like damn but it looks so cool. just sucks cuz i have a fake little cactus in her tank and it looks like a little desert but now i have to change is darn lol.

You can get a mat that looks like sand but isn't loose, that's what we did. Be sure to rinse the mat thoroughly and let it dry completely before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom