Mushu is home

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Looks great, very alert + healthy ! He is a good size, not over stuffed like some dragons are that become couch potatoes at 2 years old. Keep him strong, healthy + active by feeding him enough but not stuffing him.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
He hasn't eaten today didn't want crickets or greens but now he just took some greens from us and crickets

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Good point AHBD.

For reference- Skipper's average adult weight is around 560g. She does not look stuffed but has filled in fat pads and hips. She has been this way for years now. She gets bugs less often than most people reccomend, but has always been healthy (blood test confirmed).

Every once in a while she likes to pig out and can hold around 600g for a while :lol:

Skipper7

Juvie Member
I would reccomend encouraging greens as often as you can. If you start early it makes for a very easy adult transition. But don't force her off bugs by any means at this young age.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today went well! He's so calm and alert. We ventured to take him out. He did great. Cuddled up under a blanket on my daughter and fell asleep. He was alert too and getting to know all of us. What a great first day. I am officially in love

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You made a good choice, he's young enough to seem like a baby but he's already a decent size and has a good temperament. :)

Be sure to leave him bask whenever he has a larger meal, they need good heat to digest things properly.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So the lady at store said he may not eat a lot today due to new environment which was true he didn't eat much. Couple greens that's it. Should he be better tomorrow eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom