Should I add a background to my terrarium?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuuuart

My 40 gal terrarium is glass on all sides. I was wondering if I should wrap a background around the sides and back. My dragon has always scratched and jumped at the glass. Would adding a solid black background comfort her? I do let her out to run around my kitchen and chill on the couch a couple times a week. And I give her baths. I just feel like she doesn't understand the glass is there and wants to move passed it. Or is it really not a big deal and I'm over thinking this? Thanks.

hey! your dragon is probably doing that because it can see its reflection. adding a background should stop that. my Beardie did the same and when i put a background she stopped. best of luck! :blob5:

ruben0311

Juvie Member
background will probably get rid of that scratching, only sides i dont have covered with something are the only sides that Fred actively scratches at. dont even have to use real "background" items, i did end up getting a desert scene for the back but for the one side that is covered it's just books and posters that my son doesnt use... so Fred has Kylo Ren looking in from the side... maybe there's a reason he's always so bratty... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom