Broken back with fused vertebrae and nerve damage

This forum is for urgent health concerns, where your beardie seems very ill and you need immediate help!

Re: Broken back with fused vertebrae and nerve damage

Postby AHBD » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:22 am

That sounds hopeful ! I think that there is a certain amount pf pain/discomfort, but I do believe that if it was severe he would have a black beard most of the time and would not be digging or attempting to move. I think it's reasonable to just take it day by day. If it at any point looks like he's in severe pain continously then the choice would be apparent. But this does seem like a small turn for the better. :)
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Skipper7 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:52 am

You've been with him since he is little. You're the only one here who truly knows how he feels. Do what you think is best for the two of you.

Wanting to be out and moving around are good signs!
Skipper is my eight year old female beardie. Follow her adventures on Instagram: ms.skipper | http://instagram.com/ms.skipper or here at https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=228697
Skipper7
Juvie Poster

Postby Drache613 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Hello,

Wow, well you know Sasha better than we do.
I agree, I wondered also if a blood test would be too stressful since they have to take it from the caudal vein but it can be taken from an abdominal vein, carefully.
He just may not be ready to give up. He honestly doesn't appear to be in pain. Maybe he was depressed/bored from not being able to do much.
The metacam should help. Longterm, he can't stay on it without taking breaks from it. You could consider serrapeptase for him, which is silkworm enzyme. It helps manage pain, swelling & inflammation.
I'm happy to hear he was alert & wanting out for attention.

Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby Picklepies » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:57 am

Heya, hows Sasha doing today? You said he could move his front legs, would some sort of wheeled device for to sit in possibly help with his movements, he wouldn't be able to climb etc, but it might mean he could move easier? Quality of life is probably a call into you can make unfortunately, I hope you're okay, it seems like an increadably emotionally taxing choice xx
Picklepies
Hatchling Poster

Previous

Return to Beardie ER