Like A Weed!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All!

So, Thomas Patrick Phillips has been home with me for officially three weeks now. I was going to wait a month before getting too excited, but it seems I'm doing something right, as this little guy is growing like a weed! He's eating bugs like it's his job! He's even munching at salads (after sitting in them for a while, or course), especially if I wiggle the squash in front of him so he thinks it's worms... :lol:

Here he is the first night I brought him home, December 8th, at 24 grams... Already showing that mischievous personality, it seems... ("It's bed time, get that light out of my face, crazy lady!")
89627-3877722425.jpg
(Working on a shed on his whole head and abdomen, poor thing)

And here he is last night, December 30th, at 50 grams!! (Now working on a shed for all his appendages, guy can't catch a break!)
89627-7638978199.jpg

Haven't measured his length, but he's definitely gonna be a big'un. Might have to open up the rest of his tank soon!

And, just because, here's his 'come hither' look...
89627-4823395028.jpg

"Helloooooo, Lady Lizards!"

Happy New Year, Everyone!!

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
Wow he is gorgeous! When I saw that second photo o kept having to look back and forth to the first because I was like "how did he change colors!!!!! ....oh shed. Duh"

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha! Thanks, he's a pretty boy. His colors get brighter every time he sheds, I think he's going to be like a big orange with legs when he gets older! I see what you mean, though. I didn't use any filters on the picture or anything, but he doesn't even look like the same dragon in the two pictures! I'm hoping that stupid green spot on his leg from the breeder comes off with this next shed. :)

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
fuchsiaSkies":3ngf2wfl said:
Haha! Thanks, he's a pretty boy. His colors get brighter every time he sheds, I think he's going to be like a big orange with legs when he gets older! I see what you mean, though. I didn't use any filters on the picture or anything, but he doesn't even look like the same dragon in the two pictures! I'm hoping that stupid green spot on his leg from the breeder comes off with this next shed. :)
lol sorry I meant his legs and tail changed color and I couldn't figure out how he managed that ?

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yikes! No ulcer, thank goodness, just the green dot from the breeder. :D Should come off with the shed. He looks like he's wearing stockings! Silly little thing still thinks he has actual dragon wings and jumps off anything he can climb! Ate soooo many bugs today, and even caught him eating his salad!!
(Had to spy on him from the mirror, he would have stopped what he was doing as soon as he saw anyone looking...)

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Silly human. Do you mean to say we dragons can't fly? You must be confused.

You are quite a handsome young lad Thomas Patrick Phillips! I can't help saying your name with "sir" in front :)

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi all!

I'm getting to have all sorts of new experiences! Mom says I'm about three months old now, but I feel like a big dragon already!

Anyway, I was minding my own business, doing my morning glass dancing exercises...
89627-25220868.jpg

But mom caught me at it! My routine's not ready yet! She opened the door, so I just pretended I wasn't doing anything at all...
89627-2693093489.jpg

Then she made me do the bath. She just smiles and calls me 'grumpy pants', but no matter how good my stink-eye game is, she still makes me do it... *sigh*
89627-6575741451.jpg

After dreaded bath time and a good toast,
89627-2872657972.jpg
she opened the curtains for me to look out my favorite window, and something weird was happening...
89627-814623340.jpg
It's like the whole 'outside' (whatever that is) was shedding!!

Then she said we better just stay in. She didn't even go to the work, so we got to hang out all day!
89627-9372956738.jpg
89627-5203932803.jpg

(Dad says Xbox is better, but me and mom are getting really good at Ratchet and Clank)

Well, I hope everyone's got a nice warm toasting spot like I do, 'cuz 'outside' does not look like fun right now!

-Thomas Patrick Phillips

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi All!

So the roach people stop delivering when it's too cold, evidently. When I ran out of roaches and worms, unfortunately Petco crickets were my only option, as there are no decent pet shops anywhere near me... This has led to some obscenely smelly poos for the last week and a half or so. :( Worried about parasites, I made an appointment to see my reptile vet. Thomas Patrick Phillips was not a happy camper. He just knew something was up. He would not eat breakfast, and he most certainly would not do a poo, because of course he knew I wanted it for the fecal exam... (I didn't originally intend to bring him in, but they need to see the animal before prescribing medication if necessary, of course)

As soon as we went outside, this is what I got...
89627-7277658921.jpg
89627-9709633733.jpg
(couldn't help but laugh, though... :lol: )
Puff Monster!! I have never seen him get this freaked out before!

He was puffin up a storm at the vet and all the vet techs, and even at the sweet older gentleman with the fat bulldog who was surprised that the shoebox did not, in fact, contain a kitten.

Anyway, vet says he's in excellent physical condition (and a very pretty boy, she did add! 8) ), just waiting on the results of the fecal...
His shed masks it pretty well, but if you look close, you can see how black his beard must be underneath...
89627-3541208580.jpg

Also, he was so upset with me, he wouldn't eat anything, and when I came home from work, had done a nice big poo in his salad dish (which he has never done before). This is the sorry sight I came home to...
89627-3926219624.jpg
Underneath the salad dish with the world's pouty-est face. Poor little guy. He did let me snuggle him before bed time, so maybe he forgives me... :wink:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Between the trip to the vet, different food than what he's used to, and the major shed, it's no wonder he's in a bad mood. And still beautiful for all that.

Any one of those things just by itself is enough to make any beardie at least a little grouchy, but I don't think they realize that sometimes they fail to intimidate anyone with the big bad macho dragon routine, and succeed only in being "cute" :)

Hopefully he'll get over it when things get back to "normal" (whatever that is :? )

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I might be hissing at some people too if I had to shed! Haha.
Well, he was feeling better this morning. He either forgives me, or was just really hungry. :) Fiiinally got to pick up my bugs at the post office, and he got some squishy hornworms for his troubles (I'm not opposed to bribery!), which he loved, and roaches too. (And he didn't poo in his salad, fortunately) I am planning on opening up the rest of his tank soon, he's growing soo fast, but maybe I'll wait a little longer 'til he's not so grumpy. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom