Baby Bearded Dragon Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my baby dragon for about 4 weeks now. She's going through spuirts of eating good, and sometimes not going after the crickets so fast like normal. Is this normal? Is there anyway I can tell if she's too skinny? She's very active and loves to sun bathe as I call it :) I have been giving her a bath about twice a week because she loves it. Is there anyway I can make her eat more? The bulbs and everything are good in her enclosure.. I always cut up veggies for her to have (even though she hasn't got into them yet) & she's using the bathroom everyday and it looks good.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
How many crickets is she currently eating a day? And how may times are you offering crickets a day?
If you could upload a picture of her it would help us determine if she is too skinny. In the mean time if it puts your mind at ease any usually when they are pooping everyday as babies they are most likely getting plenty to eat. They usually won't starve themselves (unless there is an underlying issue going on) and they also usually stop eating once they are full. Don't worry too much about the salads yet, continue offering them and she will come around eventually. Since she's a baby she needs mostly protein anyways right now

nathb1

Hatchling Member
I would get a kitchen scale as well , very helpful. I weigh my beardies weekly to see if they gain or not. Think that would ease your mind as well.
I know mine who is 7 months now loves to be hand fed daily! Sometimes she eats a couple then looks at me saying erm arent you going to feed me a little? haha I think they get tired of the same insect and get bored chasing after them. So try maybe handing feeding her with tweezers see if that helps.
Nat

Whitneyhight001

Original Poster
90074-2302013729.jpg
90074-4836657718.jpg
90074-1709362744.jpg
90074-1336380868.jpg
Asking if my baby bearded dragon looks too skinny? Previous post about stressing over her not eating a lot.. (or it's just me over exaggerating)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your baby looks pretty good. She could stand to fill out some but she is very young still. At that age, sometimes it takes a bit for them to eat a lot. Youngsters will eat up to 100 small feeders daily in some cases, but it does greatly vary.
Just so we can be sure, please review the tank specifics such as your type/brand of UVB, the placement of it, along with the temperatures & how you are measuring them.
What type of supplementation do you give her?
She certainly is very colorful. If she is active & basking then it sounds like she is feeling pretty good though.

Tracie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
nathb1":2qlzgvq3 said:
I would get a kitchen scale as well , very helpful. I weigh my beardies weekly to see if they gain or not. Think that would ease your mind as well.
I know mine who is 7 months now loves to be hand fed daily! Sometimes she eats a couple then looks at me saying erm arent you going to feed me a little? haha I think they get tired of the same insect and get bored chasing after them. So try maybe handing feeding her with tweezers see if that helps.
Nat

I'll second that .... handfeeding is also a great way to form a tight trusting bond with your lizard.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MsCarter":zxivvts1 said:
Yes, just as nathb1 suggested a scale would be a wise investment.

I'll also second that , graph the weighs and create a log of
>>> what insects were eaten and how many per meal
>>> any greens / fruit / veg (grated) eaten
>>> pooing
>>> behaviour (especially changes)
>>>weather outside (believe me they do behave differently if the outside weather is nasty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom