DEVELOPMENTAL STAGES

Status
Not open for further replies.

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
okey dokey. do i replace the black heat bulb with the one u are talking about or replace the tube light?or is this new bulb additional to what i already have?

I was told this is fine for him and now im p****d that i was misinformed, really wouldnt want to be doing anything unkind/unhealthy to him

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
You replace the black CHE with a bright white heat bulb. The tube uvb may be fine.....sorry, I forget if you mentioned it but what brand is the uvb tube ? Some are better than others.

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
okey dokey. can you recommend one that i would be able to buy online?can get it on prime then for next day delivery. and do i replace my CHE with this new bulb in addition to keeping the remaining tube uv light or do I keep all three?

I was told his set up was ok and now im kinda p*****d that ive been misinformed as I wouldnt want to be doing anything unkind/unhealthy to the wee man :|

Stres

Hatchling Member
AineLovesSteves":1ljuz6ze said:
okey dokey. can you recommend one that i would be able to buy online?can get it on prime then for next day delivery. and do i replace my CHE with this new bulb in addition to keeping the remaining tube uv light or do I keep all three?

I was told his set up was ok and now im kinda p*****d that ive been misinformed as I wouldnt want to be doing anything unkind/unhealthy to the wee man :|

These are nice basking lamps if you want to stay with Arcadia

https://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/reptilelighting/bulbs/844046003843?gclid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5XqCjLLhddlCrKXfW6XQL57IIB-_rP3TbRKPfC2k5zTBRoCmUvw_wcB

I have a 100 watt one in a 5 x 2 x 2 and it's more than enough.
You could keep the ceramic for night time if the room gets cold or just switch the lights and use the same fixing if it's a ceramic fitting

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Great, the Arcadia 12% is an excellent bulb. :) You can either order a bulb online or like I said, look for one in a hardware store. Do you have a Walmart type store ? Or do your pet stores carry basking bulbs ? They all do.

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
Okey dokey so even though the bulb i have is ok (thank-gawd) he still needs another brighter source of light above his basking spot?

Also we technically don't have walmart but we have asda which is part of the walmart conglomerate as far as im aware :)

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good. :) And the bulb that Stres mentioned is a good reptile heat bulb, so there you go.

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
Want to thank all you guys for your comments.Have just ordered the arcadia basking spot lamp to be delivered tomorrow.Will send in a pick when i have it all set up.Have a nice day/night wherever you are in the world :D

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AineLovesSteves":1psl1soi said:
r.e AHBD [Sorry havent figured out how to reply to individual messages yet]

3ft x 2ft tank, with uvb80 long tube desert light , ceramic heat lamp 75w above basking spot which u can see in the picture its black, reptile carpet, stone steps, branch and log. temp probe at basking end near lamp [sits around 35-40 degrees C] and at cool end near the stone step [sits around 28-30degress C].spends time in both areas mostly on various parts of the big log, comes over to glass when i am about to get out to use me as a climbing frame/pillow.light on for 12-14hrs <<<< if you bump that up to 15 -16 hrs he'll really benefit from the extra basking time .daily off at night.turn it on for an hour in morning prior to feeding time so he has time to wake up etc.gets fed again in the afternoon if he appears interested.put various veggies on the stone step which he eats/runs through.i mist him daily as i think he may be about to shed as his colouring is dulling slightly in areas but again im new to this.not feeding him morio worms again as he just passed the outer casing of one obviously hard to digest.think this might explain why he didnt want to eat yesterday.will stick to softer insects.Any thoughts/input much appreciated.thanks in advance :)

89924-8581847478.jpg

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AHBD":7xn68pno said:
Nice big viv for him to run around. :) Big logs are always the best + most natural cage furniture for beardies, I agree to nix the morio [ super] worms definitely until he's older + bigger, and even then just use as a part of his diet along with other insects .

Do you say that his heat lamp is a black CHE ? Is there a bright white basking light anywhere ? If not, you need to swap out the CHE or set up another bright light and only use the black one for heat at night if it's needed. Beardies thrive in a brightly lit cage which can not be acheived using a ceramic heater.

I'd suggest installing a Phillips par38 colourless incandescent for the daytime heatlamp , and putting the CHE on a separate timer to come on when the light emitting lights time off at bedtime, this way he'll have a nice warm tank overnight.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Stres":2snryvdd said:
AineLovesSteves":2snryvdd said:

These are nice basking lamps if you want to stay with Arcadia

https://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/reptilelighting/bulbs/844046003843?gclid=CjwKEAiA-rfDBRDeyOybg8jd2U4SJAAoE5XqCjLLhddlCrKXfW6XQL57IIB-_rP3TbRKPfC2k5zTBRoCmUvw_wcB

I have a 100 watt one in a 5 x 2 x 2 and it's more than enough.
You could keep the ceramic for night time if the room gets cold or just switch the lights and use the same fixing if it's a ceramic fitting
better still are these https://www.bluelizardreptiles.co.uk/reptilelighting/mercuryvapourbulbs/844046013309 , all the lighting and daytime heating needs for your beardie in one unit (Heat+ White Light + LOTS of UVA and UVB).

AineLovesSteves

Original Poster
I have put the arcadia basking lamp where the black heat lamp used to be just above his favourite spot on his log and drilled another socket in a wee bit over to put the black lamp.Both have separate power leads/power supplies so will turn the basking light on for 14-16hrs during the day and then turn it off and turn the black one on at night.The room hes in is the warmest in the house too so i think hes good.This basking light is freaking massive tho glad my viv is so big.

Also he's eating again:). Near cried tears of joy. I had been feeding him a slurry i made from blended dusted crickets/butternut squash and drip feeding him with a baby syringe i got from work [Im a nurse lol]. But put a few dubias/crickets in his feeding box and he ate them so its a start in the right direction. Weighed him again he has maintained his weight from last week. Glad he hasnt lost but really Hope to have a gain next week. Gonna keep supplementing him with the slurry until hes eating proper amounts himself and also because he really seems to like it. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom