Amputation or Euthanization? FOOT EMERGENCY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zombiepanda

Juvie Member
JessPets":2llzippc said:
Zombiepanda":2llzippc said:
It irks me that at this day and age when people walk around face first in their phones, that some people can't seem to take a few moments to do a google search. But more so that this poor dragon got sooooooo bad off before the poster realized something was wrong. I know this is going to come off as rude and I don't mean it to, but we may never know because the poster may be too ashamed to update... I know I would have been too ashamed...

I hope that isn't the case, I really hope the OP comes back!
Ditto

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I hope they come back also. It was a horrible mistake that was avoidable. But I don't ever want to scare someone away from posting. We all have too much info to share, and there are a lot people out there that have seen this thread. I'm sure many that housed their animals together have changed their practices because of it.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":3hv7yjm5 said:
I hope they come back also. It was a horrible mistake that was avoidable. But I don't ever want to scare someone away from posting. We all have too much info to share, and there are a lot people out there that have seen this thread. I'm sure many that housed their animals together have changed their practices because of it.
Well said my friend!!!

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Awww saw that the post was reactivated and thought ohhh goody there is an update :( haha
Hate those post where you see a beardie in dire straits , advice is given but we dont see the conclusion!
Like watching tv series with a cliffhanger!!

But i figured that situation had no happy ending really... :?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
nathb1":1a2exlwr said:
Awww saw that the post was reactivated and thought ohhh goody there is an update :( haha
Hate those post where you see a beardie in dire straits , advice is given but we dont see the conclusion!
Like watching tv series with a cliffhanger!!

But i figured that situation had no happy ending really... :?

Yah, I know. She probably would have updated if there was good news :(

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Well, with the number of people saying what a bad decision it was and that it was avoidable so many times, the OP is probably a little ashamed to come back and post. Honestly, I'd not be surprised if they are here, but just posting under a new name. Mistakes happen...and I'm pretty sure the owner was beating themselves up over it quite a bit on their own, and again every time they walked past their dragons enclosures. It was all meant as constructive criticism, but the last thing we want to do is drive BD owners away when we really want them here getting advice to make their dragons lives better.

On the flip side, I'd have to say I'm more in agreement with Rankins original post. With two feet missing and possibly a third, my gut feeling is it would be more humane to put the dragon down, mourn, and move on. Granted, I've been blessed to have a very healthy dragon and haven't tried raising an injured one. Maybe it is just easier on me and not the dragon, and maybe that makes me an A$$, but it sucks just imagining a dragon crawling around on 1 or 2 legs, trying to climb, etc.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Its a tough spot to be in, and I do feel really bad for the OP. I know the outcome was not expected, otherwise it wouldn't have happened. Yes, it was avoidable and it is very, very sad. The owner I'm sure has been beating themselves up over it since it happened. We may have contributed to the OP not ever responding back about this.
But I really do hope they are still out there, even if its under a different name.
We would have had to make the same choice if it was one of us. At that point the only right answer is the one you choose...

Taffer

Hatchling Member
Rankins":33malevc said:
Its a tough spot to be in, and I do feel really bad for the OP. But I really do hope they are still out there, even if its under a different name. We would have had to make the same choice if it was one of us. At that point the only right answer is the one you choose...

Excerpts from a wise post. Well said sir!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom