Yellow beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kstone98

hiya, we got some rescue beardies and they were just being fed on lettuce so I changed there diet to one that I researched was more appropriate for them, my female promptly ate it very quickly but I think it's made her sick, her beard has turned yellow, and only her beard no other parts of her body and it wasn't like that until she ate also the male didn't get a chance to eat and he is fine! Her belly looks a bit bigger like she's full and she has a yellow beard, ive read this means they are feeling unwell, should I put them back on lettuce? Do I need to get her medication or will it pass naturally? Any advice I'm going crazy with worry thankyou :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
What diet are you speaking of.... What did you give her?
Their beards. Generally turn black when they are not feeling well!

Kstone98

Original Poster
Gormagon":3sedpxmk said:
What diet are you speaking of.... What did you give her?
Their beards. Generally turn black when they are not feeling well!
Hey thanks for the reply, and I ask my local pet store what was better than lettuce because I kept seeing different things online and thought it was more reliable to ask so I gave her some carrot, parsnip and as a treat a little cabbage and bell pepper like adviced, I feel really bad because I feel like I made her sick because of the food I gave her

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
How old are they and are they housed separately?
As for greens I feed a salad made of mustard, turnip or, collard greens.
Bell peppers, peeled cucumbers(no seeds), shredded carrots(occasionally) are all good as well.

As for bugs(protein) I feed dubias or crickets.

The ratio of greens and bugs you feed depends on the ages of your dragons.
Babies to 12 months is 80% bugs and 20% greens this gradually reverses after they are a year old.

Kstone98

Original Poster
Gormagon":1kvu4nja said:
How old are they and are they housed separately?
As for greens I feed a salad made of mustard, turnip or, collard greens.
Bell peppers, peeled cucumbers(no seeds), shredded carrots(occasionally) are all good as well.

As for bugs(protein) I feed dubias or crickets.

The ratio of greens and bugs you feed depends on the ages of your dragons.
Babies to 12 months is 80% bugs and 20% greens this gradually reverses after they are a year old.
Hey we're not sure how old they are there old owners didn't know because they had been passed around from owner to owner etc but the female I would say is about 25cm if that helps, they are housed together

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
She looks happy!!!
Some words of advice!!! Separate them ASAP!!! They are very territorial creatures and like to live solitary lives. People unknowingly have contributed to lost toes, feet, tails and the poor health of one or both dragons housed together. The dominant one will defend it's territory with brutal results.
Here is a link to show you just how bad it can get, viewtopic.php?f=45&t=228673

Kstone98

Original Poster
Gormagon":gw7tqxhq said:
She looks happy!!!
Some words of advice!!! Separate them ASAP!!! They are very territorial creatures and like to live solitary lives. People unknowingly have contributed to lost toes, feet, tails and the poor health of one or both dragons housed together. The dominant one will defend it's territory with brutal results.
Here is a link to show you just how bad it can get, viewtopic.php?f=45&t=228673
Damn I never knew that, that's a shame I thought they'd be happy together I never realised they were solitary you see so many people keeping them together! Thanks for your advice!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I really hated to be the bearer of bad news but I thought you might need to know this before something happened.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree with the good advice from Gormagon, separate them soon. Add more of the greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion, endive as well as a variety of squash.

Kstone98

Original Poster
AHBD":h868ehhp said:
I agree with the good advice from Gormagon, separate them soon. Add more of the greens like turnip, mustard, collard, dandelion, endive as well as a variety of squash.
Okay thanks everyone! And okay I will separate them, they won't be sad that I take them awake from each other right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom