Scratching at the viv floor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi peeps.

The last 24 hours or so Lionel has been scratching at the floor of his viv and I don't know why. His body shed just over a week ago so I don't think it's that. Any ideas?

Mimiworkslave

Original Poster
A bit worried, he doesn't seem happy, a bit like when he shed, maybe he's shedding somewhere else on his body. He is usually asleep by now but he doesn't seem to want to go to bed :(

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Are you sure he isn't a female? The reason I ask is because the behavior sounds similar to a female getting ready to lay eggs.

Had he been acting fine up until now? How's the appetite?

Could you fill us in on your setup? Size of tank, wattage of basking bulb(s), brand & type of UVB, tank temps, type of thermometer you're using and anything else you feel would be important that we know.

Mimiworkslave

Original Poster
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's male. He's just shy of 10 inches long and on a 3ft viv. Is eating well and has been done up until now. He has uva and uvb bulb, a100w basking lamp and is on kitchen paper substrate. He is only 7/8 months old

Mimiworkslave

Original Poster
Awwwwww his body starred shedding this morning, worry over. I guess he didn't finish shedding a couple of weeks ago and he's growing so much as he was so small when I got him. Thanks for the advice though x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom