what time is brumation in nz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Miro5951":ybzo1zur said:
Good mines like 6 months old so he'll probaly not brumate till next year

I'd keep him warm and fed and the lights on a long cycle over winter to keep him awake and active and eating and growing.

Not recommended to let bearded dragons brumate in their first winter.

My 4 year old girl Rex has never brumated , nor shown any inclination to go down for the winter.
Peppa and Toothless (now 13 months old) stayed awake over winter and if anything seemed to become even more hungry and active.

I'm in Newcastle (NSW Australia) and our winters are quite mild cf most on this board and many places in NZ.

Miro5951

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":ol9owvrh said:
Miro5951":ol9owvrh said:

I'd keep him warm and fed and the lights on a long cycle over winter to keep him awake and active and eating and growing.

My 4 year old girl Rex has never brumated , nor shown any inclination to go down for the winter.
Peppa and Toothless (now 13 months old) stayed awake over winter and if anything seemed to become even more hungry and active.

I'm in Newcastle (NSW Australia) and our winters are quite mild cf most on this board and many places in NZ.

What temp should I get his terrarium so he dose not brumate

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Miro5951":i9jqy5se said:
kingofnobbys":i9jqy5se said:
Miro5951":i9jqy5se said:

What temp should I get his terrarium so he dose not brumate

I try to keep my tanks warmer than 24degC o/night in winter.

My basking spots are 40degC and my cool zones about 28degC during the days in winter. Can be a few degree C warmer on a hot summer's day.

I maintain a 16:8 light schedule year round (16hrs lights on, 8hr lights off). I believe this is important if you want to convince your pet beardie not to brumate, as well as the tank temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom