Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Czbk

I have george who is almost 5months old eats well fresh fruit and vegetables with added calcium plus live foods locusts and crickets temp is all fine love coming for time with me and a run around poos everyday or every other day usually comes to front of his cage when he wants out to do a poo has baths shedded 3 times and already starting to shed legs and tail however these last two days he has desplayed a black beard only when out of his cage having a run around ive had george 6 weeks and hes trippled in size just wondering if this is normal behaviour have been told hes a boy thanks

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

George is roughly 5 months old now?
If he is just displaying a black beard sometimes, then it is most likely going to be hormonal. At that age, it is normal. Do you have any other animals/pets in the house he sees when running around?
As long as his beard isn't black most of the time & while in his tank, he is fine.
Are your UVB lighting & temperatures good?
Since he has tripled in size I would say he is eating well! :D

Tracie

Czbk

Original Poster
Drache613":22r9huii said:
Hello,

George is roughly 5 months old now?
If he is just displaying a black beard sometimes, then it is most likely going to be hormonal. At that age, it is normal. Do you have any other animals/pets in the house he sees when running around?
As long as his beard isn't black most of the time & while in his tank, he is fine.
Are your UVB lighting & temperatures good?
Since he has tripled in size I would say he is eating well! :D

Tracie

Yes george is 5 months no his beard isnt black in his tank only when running around maybe for 10 to 30 seconds he doesnt puff out his beard or anything lights and temp are good and he is very greedy eat well thankyou for your reply x

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It sounds like he just gets all worked up & excited. :D
I think he has a great time while he is out running around. It's good exercise for him.
I am glad to hear he has a big appetite, too!
Let us know how he is doing.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom