Shedding care

Status
Not open for further replies.

acrylicface

Hi all,
Just got my first beardie last weekend and loving every minute of it! I have noticed that he has just started shedding and didnt really know if there was any special care that I need to take note of whilst he is shedding? I know to not peel it off as it can harm him, but any other tips would be greatly appriciated! Thanks

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, congrats on your new baby. :) You don't need to do anything at all for the most part, as long as the humidity is not too low [ below 25 ] and he has areas to rub himself he should be fine. They usually rub against their cage decor which helps them to get the shed off. If the humidity in your home is average to low you can spritz him with water 1-2X a day, just enough to get him wet but not the tank. Some owners soak them but that can be stressful, esp. for a new beardie. If he liked getting a soak, do so for just 10 minutes in warm water, then pat dry + return to the warm tank immediately.

And just so you know, they can end up looking pretty drastic, uneven sheds are common....here's one of mine, perfectly normal.

https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/29897/full

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom