My Beardie isn't growing or shedding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosesziva

I have two bearded dragons. They are 8 months old brother and sister. They are in a 100 gallon tank together for now. He is shedding normally and growing like crazy she has been doing neither of those. She looks a little dehydrated.. I give them baths almost every day. I feed them at the same time in the afternoon together.. Usually salad every day and crickets or worms like every other day. I have mustard greens, collard greens, the greens with the green and purple leaves, and usually with carrots. Once in a while apples or something like that. They have uvb and heat bulb with access to get close to it. She is like 5-6 month size and he it's like a year size and seems hydrated. I've had them for like four months. I'm not sure what the temp is in their basking and non baking areas. I don't have a thermometer. Should get one. They have non slippery dish drying type mats for substrate. The have wood ramps not tree to climb on. They have a fake log and a heating rock. They have a fabric type organization basket/drawer with a hole cut in the side and it's upside down for them to climb on and lay on and hide in. Their cage is clean. They are handled a lot. They get enough sleep and "Sun". They both eat normal. She's normally dark and he's his usual bright color.. He only gets dark sometimes. He poops every day and it's normal. She didn't poop every day, when she does it is normal tho. Why isn't she as healthy seeming as him?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Separate them immediately.

The smaller one is not thriving because it's being dominated by it's tank companion and under constant stress , nor is she getting the UV and food it needs to grow or access to the prime basking spot.
Eventually, things will turn violent and the larger will kill the smaller.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rosesziva":2fh3e5b7 said:
I have two bearded dragons. They are 8 months old brother and sister. They are in a 100 gallon tank together for now. He is shedding normally and growing like crazy she has been doing neither of those. She looks a little dehydrated.. I give them baths almost every day.<<<< too much bathing. I feed them at the same time in the afternoon together.. <<< are you sure each gets it's share of the insects ? Usually salad every day and crickets or worms like every other day. >>>> 8 month old , at least ONE LIVE INSECT meal per day each. I have mustard greens, collard greens, the greens with the green and purple leaves, and usually with carrots. Once in a while apples or something like that. They have uvb >>>> what is it and what is it's %UVB rating and wattage ? and heat bulb <<<< exactly what kind and colour of bulb is it and it's wattage ? with access to get close to it. She is like 5-6 month size and he it's like a year size and seems hydrated. I've had them for like four months. I'm not sure what the temp is in their basking and non baking areas. I don't have a thermometer. Should get one.(YES a digital at least 2 or 3 + a noncontact laser thermometer too ) They have non slippery dish drying type mats for substrate. The have wood ramps not tree to climb on. They have a fake log and a heating rock. They have a fabric type organization basket/drawer with a hole cut in the side and it's upside down for them to climb on and lay on and hide in. Their cage is clean. They are handled a lot. They get enough sleep and "Sun". <<<< when are the lights turned on , off each day? They both eat normal. VERY DOUBTFUL She's normally dark and he's his usual bright color.. He only gets dark sometimes. He .poops every day and it's normal. She didn't poop every day, when she does it is normal tho. Why isn't she as healthy seeming as him?

kornel351

Hatchling Member
kingofnobbys":2luu66k1 said:
Separate them immediately.

The smaller one is not thriving because it's being dominated by it's tank companion and under constant stress , nor is she getting the UV and food it needs to grow or access to the prime basking spot.
Eventually, things will turn violent and the larger will kill the smaller.
Yes your right in the wild bearded dragons compete for UV and Heat from the sun .They usually go on one another to block the other one from getting them as a result the submission one doesn't strive this is why u never put beardies together especially male and male.However there are reports of females and females living together this way of keeping them is and will never be recommended it is extremely important that you separate both dragons for the sake of both of their health.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom