Skipper's Adventures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Ugh!!! Skipper broke one of her nails off comepletely today :cry:
I feel bad becuase she didnt like the tile in the first place :(

What should I do for her. She's walking on it like it's tender. Will a gentle clean with soap and water and then neosporin help her out? Will it grow back?

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
89112-2252483433.jpg
89112-8415119564.jpg
89112-3393390081.jpg

I assume she hurt it along the side of the cage where there is a gap. Any ideas on how to fill that? There is caulk along the joints of the cage that don't let me put the tiles tight to the glass.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aw poor girl =(. It probably does hurt a bit. Try to keep it clean and some plain neosporin or some manuka honey should help protect it from infection. It should heal over and not give her a problem in the long run but it won't grow back. Darwin is missing some nails too and it doesn't bother him at all.

I haven't run into a problem with the gap in the tiles but the fleece blanket I put down pretty much covers the area with the large crack. The tiles fit together well except for the one side I leave spaced a bit so I can get my finger in and pull the tiles out. If not a whole fleece bottom over the tile you could try fleece or fabric strips along the edges to help fill or cover the cracks.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Skipper's finger is healing over well, and she is starting to shed on her beard, face and tail. That should explain her decreased appetite.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
89112-1392951361.jpg
The tiles seem to be growing on Skipper. I love her smiles!

My bio teacher has these two logs in an empty cage in her classroom. I'm thinking of taking one... or both :lol:
89112-1215720070.jpg

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Skipper still isn't eating her veggies, but she will eat a few waxworms if I offer them. How long should I expect her to be a picky eater during her shed?

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
89112-7792852483.jpg

Skipper hasn't figured out her new hammock yet. She prefers to use it for shade or as a hide instead of climbing on it.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Skipper7":3ka1wvkb said:
89112-7214349345.jpg
Checking out the Christmas lights

I would recommend not using a hammock like that one, because they have been known to snag nails and cause injuries. Oh, and beautiful dragon!! :D

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you! Pictures don't do her justice :mrgreen: I've ordered a smaller felt one off of etsy to support a rescue. I make raise this one a bit so it's inaccessible for climbing, but still good for hiding.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Skipper7":mq9895xw said:
Thank you! Pictures don't do her justice :mrgreen: I've ordered a smaller felt one off of etsy to support a rescue. I make raise this one a bit so it's inaccessible for climbing, but still good for hiding.

Perfect!!

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I kid you not, Skipper just dragged her blanky from her regular sleeping corner to underneath the hammock. I thought she had her claw stuck in it, but when I moved it she gave me a stink eye, grabbed it again, and proceded to drag it to her new corner. :lol:

Skipper7

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Skipper now wants to nap all the time. Its looking like she wants to bromate. Odd, she never has before.
How fast does brumation usually come about? I'll be starting a weight chart tomorrow to make sure she stays healthy.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
It depends on the dragon. Scaley kind of napped on and off before going fully into pass out mode. Some might just konk out and some just nap on and off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom