Not eating much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
So for some time now, my beardie hasn't been eating much, just a few super worms here and there. I always leave fresh greens for her, but it doesn't seem that she eats them. Her UVB is a Repti-Sun 10.0,
and she is around a year and a half old. Her cold side temps are around the 85's, and her basking spot is around the 90's. She can get around 5 inches to the basking light, which I've lowered from 7 inches to see if it helps. I give her a bath once every 3 days so she can get hydrated and have a bowel movement. I'm not sure on what I can do to get her to eat.
Oh yea, forgot to mention that she is still basking regularly.

ariekomen

Sucks to hear that you're having these problems, luckily there should be an easy fix.

The ReptiSun UVB bulbs are definitely good, but please check when you started using it because they need to be replaced every 6 months.

As far as temperatures go, those are not good. A good cold side temp should be about 80 and her basking spot should be about 110.

What is the size of your enclosure and where is her basking light placed? because your temperature gradients are not so good.

Koggle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Her UVB has already been recently replaced, and ALL other websites I've visited have said that these temperatures are right for her age. =/

ariekomen

Koggle":2rlvvlov said:
Her UVB has already been recently replaced, and ALL other websites I've visited have said that these temperatures are right for her age. =/

These temps are NOT ok, and the temperatures they require do not change with age.

You will need to get a stronger lamp to provide the right basking temp and to allow your beardie to thermoregulate.

Please check this caresheet for further info: http://www.beautifuldragons.com/GeneralCare.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom