Identification Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvhalliday

89023-6387347816.jpg

Hello all. I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to solicit some advice as to what type of lizard i have. He is approximately 4 months old, is approximately 6.5" in length, and was sold to us as a Beardie. However, he seems to have all the physical characteristics of a Rankins. Is it possible that he is just too juvenile to have developed the Beardie look? Thanks in advance.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi NV, welcome to the forum. :) It seems that question is asked fairly often when a dragon is smaller than normal. He does look like a healthy little beardie, just on the small side. If you got him from a pet store, the employees often guess at the age so he may be a bit younger, but he looks good over-all.

nvhalliday

Original Poster
Thank you guys for your fast response. Our Chip is just so tiny, we thought we might have gotten rankin one.
I'm really liking him. But very new to know how to take good care.
He doesn't like crickets. Meal worms only. If I may ask another question; should I sprinkle the calcium w.vitaminD3 on it every day?once a week? Bath? He seems to just drink from me, little droplets of water. Doesn't get that he has a water bowl in his terrarium. I gave him the Reptaid herbal drops for a week, he didn't want to eat, then we started him on meal worms and he liked it.
I hope I'm doing things the right way.
Thank you

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Rankins are kind of hard to find.
I did find a 1.2 group for a very good price a couple days ago. At $490 for 3 its a steal...I didn't buy them and they still may be available.
This is one of my 5 Rankins. She is pretty much full grown.
85426-515637342.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
She's beautiful Rankins.

I'll have to keep an eye out for some here. They are neat and more sociable than the vitticeps.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks SpaceCogs!! I got all 5 of mine for a ridiculously cheap price. I think I paid $60 per unsexed pair and one was free.
Typically they are at least $150 each...usually much more. Eventually I'll have babies available. I probably ask less than $150 each for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom