Dang it Dog! Love me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saphira set on top of the couch looking down at his Hooman and his Poodle. The Hooman, as always, was being overly affectionate and jovial. Saphira was perplexed by the interaction of the Hooman to the Poodle. The Hooman would talk to him and pet him just like he did to Saphira, but unlike Saphira, the Poodle seemed to enjoy it. "Who's a good Dog? You're so handsome. Why you so handsome Cooper Dog? Why?"
Maybe Saphira didn't understand because the Poodle was afraid of him... Terrified even. Clearly if you snuggle up to him and kiss his nose like the Hooman did than he will submit to your will and be your loyal slave. After all, the Hooman didn't really like him that much until he licked his nose. Then there was the whole running to him during the ThunderStorm cause of the loud boom. After that came the strange Hooman speak, and the nick names and the nose bumps.
Saphira set soaking up the midday sun watching the two for several minutes until the Hooman left.
"Watch the Lizard Cooper."
Cooper looked up at Saphira and Saphira looked down at him. Cooper whined but looked back at the Hooman and laid down on the couch. Saphira decided that he did in fact want the Poodle to be his loyal slave as the Hooman was.
Saphira crawled across the top of the couch to the arm. Coopers head instantly popped up at the motion of the Dragon slowly moving down the back of the couch. He started to shake.
Saphira stopped and looked at him. Frozen. He could see the Hooman watching. He decided to jump the rest of the way and landed on the couch arm. The Poodle jumped at the sudden movement, but didn't move. They locked eyes, both unmoving, but Coopers head was facing away from the Dragon. And he began to whimper. Saphira assumed it was Dog speak for "Hooman, hey Hooman, it's looking at me."
Saphira with as much love and compassion as he could muster slowly moved towards Cooper. This was it. This was the day they were going to make friends. This was the day that as a Dragon he would understand how the Hooman felt about the Poodle. They were going to be buddies!
Cooper screamed in terror and jumped off the couch and run into the bedroom. Saphira froze and looked at his Hooman. There was a certain sense of sadness the Hooman could detect. Slight, ever so slight. But it was there. He walked over and picked up his Dragon.
"It's okay little Lizard." His Hooman bumped his nose under the Dragons chin and placed him on his chest where the lizard laid his head down.
"Poor little lizard." His Hooman said as he ran his hand gently down his back. "Someday Phira. Someday."
The End

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Darn dog just doesn't get it do he ?!!!
Its OK he'll come around!

Love those stories, awesome!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom