Help with MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

That's too bad they both have metabolic bone disease, poor things.
I am glad that they are doing fairly well. I hope you are able to get a proper UVB light over them, it would help immensely.
I am happy you are helping them, they now have a chance!

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
Hi! I have a few photos for you guys. And i gave him a care sheet (went to the petstore and got one and added some more information). I will also recommend him the UVB lights you provided. Today i brought in some collard greens and the larger male was that desprate for food that he bit my thumb :( although yesterday the female move to the other side of the tank and i provided them a TON of food, cucumber, carrots, peaches and collard greens. Thanks for the help Lauren.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

Well, at least he was interested in eating some greens, even if your finger got bitten! I am sure it was an accident.
Are you eventually going to house them separately?
I hope that they are both doing well & will continue to improve.

Keep us posted on them both.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

Are they from the same clutch?
That is a pretty good sized tank. Adults do tend to do better alone though. Housing a male & female together will usually end up stressful for them, too.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
Hi Tracie!
Thanks for the quick reply, im sure it was but he looked hungry. Im not sure of there getting live foods, and i separated them for a bit.. I gave him the care sheet on monday and nothing seems to be improvingg.. Maybe hes just busy?! I dont know. I really hope they will be ok and ill try to get crickets or super worms for them.. Reminder my teacher does'nt take us middle schoolers seriously.. Eek! And im not sure. The female looks quite different from yhe male. But the teacher doesnt even know there gender so i had to check. Thanks! Lauren

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
+ i noticed the males head is wobbly, as if ypu were to move the head to the side very eaily and move side to side (like a bobble head but wont shake AS much very little shaking).. What is this do you know? Thanks for the help!
Lauren

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

So he has developed a head wobble now? That is usually an indicator of a calcium deficiency or possibly another type of deficiency, along with UVB issues.
How are they both doing, otherwise? I really hope that they improve & soon.

Keep us posted on them both.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
They are doing a bit bettter! I secretly moved the female into another thank but me teacher still hasnt put the UVB lights on.. Poor things. Their poop looks very runny though and the female looks way happier that i have moved her into another tank. Hopefully he will look at the care sheets thanks! Lauren

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

Does your teacher have the UVB lights purchased yet? They wont survive or thrive without them, so try to urge her to get them as soon as possible. It never ceases to amaze me that people refuse to provide even the bare basic essentials for their care. :(
I am glad that they seem to be doing better right now.
Let us know if there are more changes.

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
I have out in the care sheet that i made that they do require UVB lights, but sadly he hasnt put the lights on yet. Ive only seen him do that once, and im bot sure if he turns on the lights on the weekends. Thanks gor checking in! Lauren

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
UPDATE: My teacher got two new bearded dragons,which is one girl, she looks skinner than the male so i assume he was more dominate, and the male who looks healthy. So now theres two females and two males. I am the new "manager" for his bearded dragons now and i cleaned out their tanks (they were due for some cleaning..) and gave them this weird purple lettuce that my teacher bought for them. I told him to remove the sand because of impaction, and to add calcium so that they are stronger. He said that hes definetly going to change the substrate, and add UVB bulbs! Yay im soo happy! Thank you guys, and he has these pellets that break down after etting contaminated, is this okay?
-lauren

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Lauren,

There are how many in the tank now, together?
That type of substrate probably wont be very clean with multiple dragons in together.
Your teacher needs to put down newspaper, paper towels, non adehsive shelf liner or tiles for easier cleanup & a more sanitary tank.
When will the UVB bulbs be installed?
I hope that everything gets squared away. Do you have any pictures for us?

Tracie

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
To make it easier i will have "names" for them; the orig. female will be named F1. Orig. male M2, etc. So the two new ones F3 and M4 are both housed together with sand, very fine grained though. He said he will also clean out the substrates over the weekend or later this week tp a non-loose substrate. The F1 is in a seprate tank and the other M2 is is the same. (I hipe this isnt confusing) I just dont have names for them yet.. And i will make sure i will clean out their cages frequently. The lightings were installed on Thursday but were coiled (i will also make sure he changes that) I will try to get pictures for you.. Is there any way i can send them privatly? Thanks for checking! Lauren

Melonthebeardie

Original Poster
I have just noticed that over the weekend the two new ones (f3 and M4) have black bloches, one all over the M4s feet and tale, and the on the F3's she has a dark block on her stomach, i let the teacher know and hes going to see if a brush will get the black residue off, this just happend over the weekend, maybe they stepped in some droppings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom