Baby beardie wont drink water help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sierrafranco

So on October 18 I bought my very first bearded dragon its only about 4 months old. I have done lots of research and I read multiple care books recently I haven't seen her drinking her water and when I give her a bath I have a thermometer to make sure the water is at 90 degrees but still she gets super spooked and runs up my arm and won't do it. I spray her 2-3 times a day with a water bottle and even then she won't lick the water. Is there any way I can get her to drink more water?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Don't be so hard on yourself. They generally get their hydration from the food they eat aka insects and greens, relax, mine seldom drinks either and she's two years old and plenty hydrated.

Like the previous poster said, don't freak out. My beardie doesn't eat! If he/she has any of the following symptoms you may want to take her to the vet, but remember most beardies don't drink in front of us and can get hydrated just my misting her, even if she doesn't drink it.
Symptoms of dehydration are sunken eyes, wrinkled skin, lack of appetite, and lethargy. A good way of checking to see if your beardie is dehydrated is to gently pinch the skin on the side of their back between your fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom