Tail rot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickaelaboyce

89024-5866610100.jpg
89024-4004309201.jpg
89024-5866610100.jpg

Hi!
I brought home Mooshu about a month ago! He is great :) he's eating a lotttt- fairly active and loves his daily cuddle sessions! The day I brought him home from the pet store I noticed a kink at the end of his tail- my mom said it looked like it was going to fall off! I didn't think much of it.. assumed it had been broken (now healed) and there was nothing to worry about. However- over the last couple days I've noticed his tail is getting a lot darker. I've looked it up and I'm worried it's tail rot?! I'm super worried about him... wondering if anyone has any experience with something like this!
Thank you so much!

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
It doesn't look like rot. Looks like it got pinched by something. The tip my fall off, its pretty common for it to happen.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

The end does appear injured & dented some, so it will likely dry up & fall off. It doesn't look infected though, but I would watch it just to be sure. It looks like it may be getting ready to shed. The tail tips usually get a little darker before they shed.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom