NEED HELP FOR BABY BEARDIE ASAP PLEASE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragongirl1996

On Friday I changed my beardies diet to medium crickets instead of small to help him gain weight
(He is 14 inch at 81Grams)

On Saturday he lost a lot of colour and went pale but his beard and tail were the darkest I've seen and he didn't eat his crickets

Sunday I woke to vomit and runny stool in his cage, he usually runs away from it but he was just siting in it/near it, I cleaned it out and immediately gave him a bath to hydrate him and put him back in his cage to bask
(Warm side is 30 Celsius with a basking area of 35-38and a cool side of 25 Celsius)

He vomited 3 more times this afternoon

I can't get him to a vet because it's Sunday and I need help ASAP! Scarred for my little baby :(

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
They may have been a little too big and he had problems digesting them. The crickets should be no bigger than the space between his eyes.

Was that on Sunday? If so how is he doing today?

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Hopefully your dragon is doing better.
Too big of food items can be an issue. Can cause the vomiting, but I have seen neurological damage after eating something large. It can press against spinal nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom