HELP PLEASE! Beardie is lethargic?!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elaizajane

I have a male beardie who is 10 months old. He is normally very active and never stays still. Lately he has been lying down in the corner of his terrarium and not moving. His eyes stay open and he will eat, but he will go back to the corner and stay put. He has a 150W basking spot lamp, 150W UVB, and 75W Night heat lamp (all newly purchased) all from Exoterra and a carpet instead of loose substrate in his terrarium. Lately it feels as if the basking lamp isn't hot enough and when I take him out he doesn't feel warm. Could a lack of heat be causing health issues!? Should I go ahead a buy another basking spot lamp so there will be two? Or maybe since winter is close these are just early signs of brumation??? I'm freaking out he has never acted like this before! Please HELP!!
89008-1697567688.jpg

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
What are the temps? I don't see a thermometer. You should have a temp gun or a digital with probe. What brand/type/age of uvb are you using? Has he had any water? What are you feeding and how often are you giving calcium/vitamins?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have to say that 150watt basking bulb is to hot for that small tank. The warm end on the floor area should be around 90 to 95 and the cool end should be around 75 to 80 and his basking spot which should be elevated should be around 100 to 105. He doesn't need a light at night, light disturbs his sleep patterns so he can't sleep well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom