BEARDIE WON'T POOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had my beardie since he was very young and he is 2 years old now. He has never had a problem until now. He hasn't pooped in over a week now. It's not impaction because I've had him on reptile carpet/newspaper since I've got him. I have been giving him very warm baths and massaging his stomach every single day now (6 days)for an hour. Sometimes he'll only push out his urates, but no poop. He hasn't ate anything weird just his regular greens mix of turnip greens. But I saw online to give squash baby food and drops of olive oil with it, cause it worked for some people. I did that and kept up with the baths but he has ate it for 2 days now and still NOTHING?. I'm about to feed it to him again and do the bath. I'm just lost on what else to do for him. Can anyone please give me ANY advice that would be helpful.

fl00dedlungs

Original Poster

Ok so I just gave him a bath and this came out. I'm so happy even though it's just a little poop. I'm going to continue the warm baths though. He need to get more out than that for sure.

kaylaw66

My boy, Marty (he's also 2) had that same issue for a month or two. He also stopped eating much so i took him to the vet whick did xrays and found their was a blockage of poop in his intestine. The herp vet told me to use canned pumpkin and warm baths. Pumpkin is a natural laxative for them. It worked pretty well but pumpkin wasn't in season so when all the stores were out of unspiced canned pumkin I tried a single dubia dipped in mineral oil (I read it on a forum about it helping) and let him roam around (he likes pooping on my kitchen floor or outside). When he did poop it would be huge and he walked funny for a few minutes! Lol. Anyways now that he's being more active now, eating a lot of greens, wants to hump my wallet, and poops almost everyday. So I think it may have been a seasonal thing or he's eating more greens that have been helping him go. Maybe a mix of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom