Mandela didnt poop for a week, rock solid giant urates!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
So I just recently moved into an apartment, and of course I brought Mandela. The first week I knew he would be stressed out so I wasn't surprised when he didn't poop for awhile, and after about a week he had the biggest and nastiest poop ever. But at least it happened right??

Well after that everything was fine, he's been active and eating and always wanting to be out and about, but I realized he hadn't pooped again so I was just watching him. This went on for another week until today, when I decided to put him in a bathtub of warm water and make him swim. About 20 minutes into the bath, he starts acting like he's going to poop but he's unable to?? So I lift him up and realize something's stuck...at this point my poop baby is pushing so hard it's like he's about to give birth so I started rubbing his belly in attempt to help. After about 10 minutes of this he finally drops two. Giant. Urates. GIANT. And they were completely rock hard
I have no idea why this happened. Is he not hydrated enough?! I've been giving him water and greens and his regular diet so I have no idea why he's now having issues ):

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If he struggles like that on a regular basis I'd be concerned about a prolapse which could be problematic. Try sticking to softer foods for a bit. Things like squash, phoenix worms, silk worms, horn worms along with some greens and see if that helps him out. Continue offering some extra water as well via drops on his nose to ensure he's as hydrated as he needs to be.

Taralachelle

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":qdcqpgtc said:
If he struggles like that on a regular basis I'd be concerned about a prolapse which could be problematic. Try sticking to softer foods for a bit. Things like squash, phoenix worms, silk worms, horn worms along with some greens and see if that helps him out. Continue offering some extra water as well via drops on his nose to ensure he's as hydrated as he needs to be.
Update! I've recently changed his diet to Dubai roaches (which he loves) and he's finally started pooping again. It's not as consistent but that changes with age right? He's a little over a year now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom