Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean420

Original Poster
Okay I will go get a ceramic heat emitter tomorrow morning and I will start using it. Thanks again.

Sean420

Original Poster
Hi
She is looking good, I bathed her this morning, and as I put her in the water she moved her tail from side to side quite a few times, and I was touching her legs and she moved them, she then started swimming around obviously her legs are still not 100% but she seems to be moving easier. She then pushed both her back legs out and took quite a big poop, which decreased the size of her little bump. I still think it might be a small fracture. But she is moving around in her enclosure . And is currently sitting in her bath, she still looks abit sick, she hasn't eaten today, but I made her a liquid mixture of cucumber cabbage dandelion leaves and roots , I mooshed it all up and squeezed all the juices out, I added some Calcium + D3 to the mixture and fed it to her through a syringe, she took in about 2ml of the liquid, she seemed to like it, I also lightly misted her with cool water, and I put her outside to bask in the sun for 3 hours as it was quite hot today. She was moving around a lot . So I dont know if thats good? She is still as quick as she was lol. Things are looking good so far, but any further info would help a lot. When I put her in her enclosure she moved around and then settled and started opening her mouth, which I was told is normal as they can't sweat through their skin? I will attach some pictures

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Yes they open their mouth to thermo regulate so it just means she's a little warm. As long as your enclosure has different heat areas then she can move around if she feels it. They're quite good at keeping themselves comfortable.

I'm glad she's moving around and doesn't seem to be in pain. She's probably a little stressed from the accident too. The slurry of veggies is a good idea.

Sean420

Original Poster
I contacted a vet this morning and they wanted to get Cape Nature involved, not only will they take her away but theres quite a hefty fine that they give you. I will no longer contact anyone, this is in my hands. What I've been doing so far can't be done better, she is so comfortable and stared twitching her back legs, first sign of proper movement since the accident . She might have a slight blockage but most of that cleared this morning, she hasn't been fed today , besides the veggie liquid mix. She had that a few times during the day, most of the day she spent basking in natural sunlight . As it was very hot today. I offered her some crickets but she was not interested , she is probably still very weak , but still alert and moving. She is currently sleeping, and seems comfortable ... I will try to give her some food tomorrow morning and keep the same routine going, it looks like it's been working .. I am going to bed now so I will check up on her through out the night, and see how she's doing in the morning x

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Wow that sucks.

I'm glad she's doing better, I'd say you're doing all you can at this point. Keep her comfortable and monitored.

Sean420

Original Poster
Never the less, thank you so much for all your time and advice, it really means a lot x I will keep updating her progress x

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. You need to get rid of that awful red light and get a nice bright basking light. Those red lights make it seem like it's dusk. Where do you live? I've never known of any place that beardies are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom