Dunner Dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I was looking at some pictures online and came across what was called a "dunner" dragon. Our dragon T-Rex was an orange color when we got him/her with pretty big spikes. The spikes were a lot larger and just 'spikier' than our other baby who we had but we figured it was just because T-Rex was a little older. After looking online at some of the pictures though, I'm wondering if T-Rex is what would be called a dunner bearded dragon? I'd post a pic on here but am not sure how?

GodzillaMax

Original Poster
Testing to see if the image I just uploaded of him will work! He is more "orangish" than this picture shows. For some reason this picture makes him look green. I think he blends in with his log a little when he's on it but he has a peach mark on each of his cheeks on his face.

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a few more pics, full body shot as well as a frontal of the beard close up ? Most Dunner's have distinct pattern/direction to their scales.....they grow in different direction than other dragon's scales.

GodzillaMax

Original Poster
Here is another picture that I took in the daylight the other day. Crazy how the color can be so different in different lighting! I don't know if you can really tell much about the spikes on this pic. I don't have a frontal closeout other than the other two but can try to take some today after work.

full

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks very bright + pretty there, they do look different under different lighting. :) I'm quite sure that's not a Dunner, a banded tail is usually not found on Dunner's, and being spikey is a characteristic of many normal scaled [ non leatherback or non trans. ] dragons. Here's one of my boys that is very spikey, it's quite normal.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30063/full

GodzillaMax

Original Poster
I agree. After looking into it a little more, I noticed where it said that the tail is a different pattern and he has his going horizontal rather than vertical. It's pretty cool how these guys can be so different. I love how his spikes are so prominent.

GodzillaMax

Original Poster
AHBD":1sbbexjr said:
He looks very bright + pretty there, they do look different under different lighting. :) I'm quite sure that's not a Dunner, a banded tail is usually not found on Dunner's, and being spikey is a characteristic of many normal scaled [ non leatherback or non trans. ] dragons. Here's one of my boys that is very spikey, it's quite normal.
https://www.beardeddragon.org/media/30063/full

AHBD - Your dragon is so cute! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom