Cure overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vekoveko

Hello, i took my beardie to the vet and she diagnosed him with MBD and i gotta give him 2 mililiters of some liquid rescuegal. Thanks to my stubborn mom i had to give him 10 mililiters instead of 2 (she thought that was 2 ml) and im afraid he could be sick. She doesnt want to contact the vet because she is convinced he'll be fine, but im not. Can somebody please tell me if thag could hurt him and what to do?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah OK. That is Repashy RescueCal. It's a liquid calcium supplement that your vet has already diluted with water so it's ready to go. One excessive dose shouldn't cause a problem but I'd stick with the recommended dosage going forward. http://www.store.repashy.com/rescuecal-3-oz-jar.html

What do you have in place for a UVB light? It's important to provide proper levels of UVB so that your dragon can absorb the calcium properly as well.

Vekoveko

Original Poster
Thabk you so much for help!
My uvb isnt good enough because it is too small, but i ordered an uvb my vet recomended and it should come until tuesday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
OK good. Do you know which one it is? I can help you set it at a proper distance but it depends on the type, brand, and model. They all have different outputs and optimal distances.

Vekoveko

Original Poster
I don't exactly know wich brand it is but i will find out tommorrow and tell you.
Thank you for your help :D

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
I'm going to guess you are too young to call the vet yourself but I would try to see if you could get mom to call the vet. He may be fine but they may advice to skip doses or something too. My vet (or the tech) is always happy to feild questions about treatment, their office even has an email address for contacting them.

Vekoveko

Original Poster
Hello! My vet said hell be fine about the medicine and i set up lamp and everything, he is eating about 5 crickets a day and he should be normal after 10 weeks. He will go to the vet for controll soon. Thank you so much for help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom