What should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miro5951

Where I live in NZ we don't have as much good stuff as in america like we barely have any breeders :banghead: :angry5: But we have some good pet shops like animates but there's alot of stuff there and I dotn know what I should get I know I should get arcadia lights but with the calcium and other stuff what should I get? heres the link http://www.animates.co.nz/reptile

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Miro.....you can get both of the Fluker's brand calcium [ with + without D3 ] as well as the vitamins. It will last you for years. Keeping both calciums on hand is good because if you at any point build or buy an outdoor cage you will need to use cal. without D3 because the saun will provide the D3. Even if you keep him inside with a good Arcadia bulb he will only need D3 twice a week as he gets older, and without D3 once a week. I'd only give vitamins 2X a week for a baby, once a week for an adult.

For cage decor I find nice half logs or short thick branches outside, esp driftwood. If you have anything like that [ not from a tree that produces sap or fresh pine ] you can put it in a preheated 250 F [ 121 C ] oven for an hour to kill off any pests dwelling in the wood. You can also get rocks from outside, wash with hot soapy water + then rinse. I don't think the beardie pellet food is really good compared to fresh veg., and live insects are always better than freeze dried, babies especially should not be feed that type of food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom