Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Sooo I finally got collards along with butternut and to top them i put canned pumpkin. He sounds like he has all of Vash's favorites, apples, bugs and pumpkin. He grapped pieces of collard in his mouth though his goal was to get the pumpkin. I hope he grabbed some butternut...he only took a few bites not as much as I like. So hook, line, sinker! Got him to eat salad on his own. Now he's basking though hes thinking about going to sleep for a bit. He didnt seem to care he took veggies and greens, now that pumpkin is in him he should end this BM once a week. I'll offer salads with pumpkin topping everyday as it's healthy and keeps BM in check. Unless hes brumating which isn't the case yet, I'll keep offering. Took him a while to figure it out what it was I was doing...I didn't bother him. I gave him water and calcium then went to the salad, licked the rim of the bowl and chowed down on the pumpkin grabbing collard and hopefully butternut (I didnt see any). I praised him for eating on his own because when it comes to salads I have to gently put them in his mouth. Pumpkin starts getting sold in September and stops in spring or January...we have a shortage of them so they're sold at a certain time of year. I have four cans...hope I can get them to last next September...probably not. I'll have to find another way or go back to hand feeding the way he likes. Im gonna grow my own pumpkin...next spring.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Im gonna update y'all now in case I can't because tomorrow Im gonna be hit by typhoon Songda. Since I live in Portland area Im gonna probably be without power for days. I have a computer battery for 20 hours but thats all I have. I don't know where the hand warmers are. Since we moved up here we kinda...lost em..I suppose I can buy more. We're planning on a generator to keep the heat running but I don't think Broly can last forever without food. I don't know how long it's out for and my parents arent too worried about him like I am. They will NOT let me hook up the lights to the generator probably the comp battery if it doesn't take much power to charge but thats about it...but if the battery does take too much power then they won't let me charge it. I guess I will not feed him but at some point I think I'll have to since hes not asleep yet, I did get him to BM and fed him two meals but that's what I got and he did bask too. I hope he'll go into semi hibernation and won't wake up till they restore power. Hope he'll be ok...I don't care about me I care about him even when no one else does. I can only warm him with the generator.

BlueDragon09":dls6a10y said:
Hey,

Im gonna update y'all now in case I can't because tomorrow Im gonna be hit by typhoon Songda. Since I live in Portland area Im gonna probably be without power for days. I have a computer battery for 20 hours but thats all I have. I don't know where the hand warmers are. Since we moved up here we kinda...lost em..I suppose I can buy more. We're planning on a generator to keep the heat running but I don't think Broly can last forever without food. I don't know how long it's out for and my parents arent too worried about him like I am. They will NOT let me hook up the lights to the generator probably the comp battery if it doesn't take much power to charge but thats about it...but if the battery does take too much power then they won't let me charge it. I guess I will not feed him but at some point I think I'll have to since hes not asleep yet, I did get him to BM and fed him two meals but that's what I got and he did bask too. I hope he'll go into semi hibernation and won't wake up till they restore power. Hope he'll be ok...I don't care about me I care about him even when no one else does. I can only warm him with the generator.

He should be fine without lights for a few days but the hand warmers would be very good to make sure nothing goes wrong. After the power is back and the weather is nice I would take him out side carefully for a half hour so he can get some strong natural uvb from the sun. He'll probably eat less but that's fine as long as he doesn't starve :)

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thanks, Onyx! Honestly wasn't too bad as the news people said. They kept calling it "monster stotm" maybe in Seattle but we got only wind that was less than 40 mph and heavy rains. We got thunderstorms but nothing severe. Power only been flickering never went out. We had tornadoes on the coast so hopefully everyone over there is safe. Broly and I watched Nightmare on Elm Street 1-5, what else you gonna do when some channels are messed up. Charged my phone because it was dying during the warnings of storms. We found our hard warmers and also bought new ones. He did eat a salad yesterday since he was hungry. Today, I don't know what he's up to..seems awake but not sure.

Onyx, the sun doesnt ever shine during fall and winter...it's too cold and usually stays in the 50s even if the sun shines. It's usually pretty stormy weather at this time of year. Warm comes back June.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Glad to hear he ate his salad, Draconis had taken to waiting until i turn around to flip it out and spread it about his tank so it dries out and makes his tank smell nice.....yes he makes his own potpourri!! I do hope you are ok up there we made it through Mathew alright but many others down here didnt make it or lost their homes.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Beardiemama, I heard about Matthew. Glad you're ok, sorry for other people who lost homes. Some people lost homes from that tornado on Friday morning, it's a waterspout along with a tornado inside it! I can't remember but I think some people died...
Stupid people seriously came over here to see the storm...they're stupid!!! What if they died seeing this??! OMG...dumb...they could have lost their lives...some people brought their kids to see it. They were supposed to be safe. Luckily nothing happened and some of these people were disappointed that it did nothing much. Seriously...gods, stupid...

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Broly finally eats salad on his own...no pumpkin or apples on it! I was so surprised that he finally did it..I thought it was him pulling my chains. He ate two bowls of salad and 11 roaches that was yesterday, today one bowl of salad no bugs. It's fine he doesn't need protein as much now he's almost 2 yo. He did take a nap today so he might be ready to brumate. I been to anger management and my social development still not excited about being social with people as I don't care to make friends and keep to myself. I have a few friends but I don't hang out much. I dislike a lot of people already and get angry when to converse with anyone so my dad signed me up to anger management. I rely on animal like my frogs, eels, gerbils, hamster and Broly to talk my problems to about the world. The only reason I pick animals over people is because they don't tell me stop talking or freaking about stuff because my mind is wired differently and some crap tends to stick around for a while so. Im gettin pissed so Im gonna go and calm down. Some days I just want to curl up and fantasize about what I could do to people if they EVER told me shut up again! I was told too many times to shut up today alone and I tried to do was help (it wasn't on here).

Broly is 424g now.

Beardymama33

Juvie Member
Your dad may need some classes on your condition himself. Who in their right mind tosses someone with your condition ( i hate the term disability i prefer differently abled, becuase disability means you cant do something at all but differently abled means you can but in a different way) in anger management? Why not animal therapy? Or find a vet program that allows people to feed and care for the animals in their care? Is Broly in brumation? Draconis is in and out of it I have a thread on it and how demanding his little scaly butt is...:D he knows i love him!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I don't fully understand why. My mom told him already why I get easily angry. My social class is the class I go to with my condition and my few friends there. I always had the term disability in school. They called it learning disability because I was a slow learner, either way I graduated. I had to take classes in college to learn at my own pace for my high school classes. My mom took me out of anger management.

As for Broly, he's not asleep at all, he still eatin even though it's salad and bugs. I offer food he's the one who decides. He was slown down at the end of September but never slept seemed to perk up at the end of October I don't know why. Maybe he won't brumate I have no clue, my first beardie slept in September and fully awoke February. He may sleep December or January we'll see. He's not fighting sleep or anything like that just doesn't seem to want to miss out whats going on. He'll close his eyes for a few minutes to open them like "did I miss anything?!" I thought it's funny.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

It has been a while since I last got on. I've been having terrible bouts of tonsillitis coming and going and basically continous sore throat though I don't look very sick at all. They just send me home saying viral. Most patients they see are really sick with it. I went to Ears, Nose and Throat doctor he says since it keeps coming back we'll have to cut them out. So we got them cut out and can't talk for two weeks but ice cream :D! I've fed Broly pumpkin and got him water. He still hasn't brumated. He's been up and eating every day so I don't want to change the light timer to 12 hours just yet. I will if he goes to sleep now that daylight savings has ended maybe he'll go. I gotta post a pic sometime. He's 433g as well and pumpkin made his BM orange and mushy LOL too much water. He eats greens too so some green and bugs mixed in. Anyway, gotta go eat ice cream and rest because I can't go out like my family did. I can't eat real food right now.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I'm glad you got your tonsils out, I had mine out at 26, best thing I ever did & ice cream! It was a blast to eat that for awhile, sure helped the burning throat!

I'm glad Broly is doing so well, don't even worry about brumation, if he sleeps, he sleeps. Some never do. Gabriel is 6 years old at least, if not 7 and he's brumated for 2 weeks in total!

But now I have 4 who are sleeping, Imp has been down for a week. Wednesday I'm getting everyone up for soaks, basking and back to sleep. I've been checking their skin to make sure it's good and it is on all of them, but still, bath time on Wed, free day for me.

Take care and don't talk for 2 weeks, it's better and heals faster if you don't. Add honey to the ice cream to help soothe your throat, too. Manuka honey is wonderful for sore throats and helps promote healing.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ugh tell me about it the soreness is terrible..! I have manuka honey and will use it more often thanks! Love hot chocolate but can't really drink it but I do drink water to stay hydrated. I've been using my phone to text since an erase board wouldn't work. I usually have to go find my mom when she's home she's the only one without a phone unless she's at work or something and write it down. It took a lot of coaxing to get my mom to let me do this though I was fine and surgery for the tonsils was "not necessary". I assured her it was..what do you want me to do? Gargle salt water and take Advil everytime it comes back??? How annoying would that be!? Also i probably would have to do this forever and that's no life to live. Specially being on alert and having the feeling and think "oh no not now..." and you're not near salt water and advil. Im just glad tonsillitis will be ruled out when i get sore throats now.

Glad Gabriel is doing well with his aneurysm.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's why I'm glad you had the surgery. Tonsils that are not healthy will keep you sick forever. So now you won't have that to fight anymore.

Thanks, Gabriel is doing much better than I thought he would. He likes to use Cierra's old cricket keeper (I call it the beehive) and leans against it so his belly is in the air, guess that feels better for him.
11887-8521625013.jpg
and then falls asleep
11887-681883614.jpg
11887-4458109895.jpg

And I have Bella will me daily (she's Eric's dog) and sleeps like a human in my bed, side by side:
11887-1831915351.jpg

and I got a good picture of Imp's colours when he's in the bath, he gets like this in sunshine, too.
11887-6698314259.jpg

Also got a few action shots of my grandkids. My living room is now an action room when they're here:
11887-9601623094.jpg
11887-2640519496.jpg
and rest time
11887-8171727084.jpg

Leo, who's 3, like Nanny's giant dragons :D (I'm the 3rd Nanny in my family, my grandmother, my mom and now me.

Feel better soon!
11887-1620658716.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom