Feeding too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackpig183

I have 2 bearded dragons, one I got in August and another one earlier this month. The one I got back in August, Phoenix, can really put away some crickets. When I first got him, I had to practically force feed him because I was afraid he was going to die and now he would eat 30+ crickets in one sitting if I let him. Should I let him eat as many crickets as he wants? Or should I only allow a certain number? I normally feed him crickets one day and greens the next. When he gets older he'll be eating more greens of course.

*the crickets I feed him are large

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Until they are a year old feed bugs everyday and offer salads as well. They need 80% bugs and 20% greens until they reach a year old then sometime after that it reverses to 20% bugs and 80% greens.
They say you can feed as many as they can eat in 10 minutes or until they get uninterested in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom