Is blood in poop bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvia79118

Hi everybody, wasnt sure if this was serious enough for the ER forum, anyhow i just got my beardy yesterday at the Reptile Expo, his name is Big Red, he is pretty good size and an almost red color in person, he is 1yr 5months old, not too used to its habbits yet but very active, was bobbing its head quite a bit when he saw Felicia ( our female beardy) in her enclosure yesterday. Anyhow he had his 1st poop since ive had him, it is runny and bloody, should I be worried? I'm not used to seeing that, our other beardy has never done that. What do you advise?
88976-7825207393.jpg
88976-2584178178.jpg
88976-8478676350.jpg

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Bloody poop would be a concern for me. It could be watery or runny due to some food he was eating.

As he's a new addition to your home I would recommend doing a vet check anyway as a health check for him and in case he's bringing something into your house for your other beardie to catch.

silvia79118

Original Poster
SpacialCoogs":6nk3iv8v said:
Bloody poop would be a concern for me. It could be watery or runny due to some food he was eating.

As he's a new addition to your home I would recommend doing a vet check anyway as a health check for him and in case he's bringing something into your house for your other beardie to catch.

Thank you, I will take him to vet. Sorry but wasn't sure how to reply to your comment. Hopefully I did it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom