popping eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
I know usually bulging eyes mean dehydration but he eats well hydrated crickets , bathe every other day and gets misted off days from bathing. Tonight, literally 10min ago, I came upstairs and his eyes were closed and bulging. Yes, he's in a shed right now but only the body. I tapped on cage and said "what are you doing?" He popped opened his eyes. As soon as they opened they were no longer bugling. And now I an getting a glare like "why did you wake me"

Never seen him do this before

neilkd21

Hatchling Member
Yeah probably means is about to shed face, mine usually does it a day or 2 before shedding. Pretty scary the first time I seen him do it lol but nothing to worry about.

illuminis

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Was thinking that but he usually goes legs , body then head/tail. I really wished I had taken a pic before I said anything.

That's weird, my beardy (name is Sandy ) has never done that, I was reading the article also, and it says that it might be to stretch the skin around their eyes and head before shedding, weird, it's still a mystery , as long as our beardies stay healthy and happy, we are happy. (My beardy ate a lady bug on accident last night XD) anyways, keep us posted on how he/she does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom