Bearded dragon confused by reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandeis

I recently purchased a reptile hammock so my beardie could get closer to the basking light on cold days. Meaning my beardie gets closer to the glass and see a reflection. She has been waving her hands as a sign of dominance towards her reflection and I'm scared she will attempt to attack the glass and hurt herself. What should I do? Is she intelligent enough to realize its her reflection and not another beardie?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Brandeis":23662e2y said:
I recently purchased a reptile hammock so my beardie could get closer to the basking light on cold days. Meaning my beardie gets closer to the glass and see a reflection. She has been waving her hands as a sign of dominance towards her reflection and I'm scared she will attempt to attack the glass and hurt herself. What should I do? Is she intelligent enough to realize its her reflection and not another beardie?

.... mommy ! there's another beardie in here with me .... I'd better submit to it so it wont be nasty to me.

She'll soon realise the ghost beardie is not really there ....

My baby dragon is so bad with his/her reflection I had to rearrange all the habitat to keep it safe. I also put white paper and tapedit up on the inside of the terrarium so it couldn't see it's reflection. It was so stressed by the tank change and the other beaded dragon in the reflection I had to! Poor beardie!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom