Won't go and nose stuffed

Status
Not open for further replies.
So first off I go through his tank every day and lately there's no "mess" and I wonder if it's his diet but I'm giving him what is usually recommended- superworms and collard greens and he won't let me bathe him

He also has something in his nose which might be shed but I used a wet qtip to soak it and tried to pull it out with tweezers and it seemed like he didn't like it so I don't want to hurt him

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is an adult so it's not uncommon for them to not go for several days sometimes. The superworms may have him backed up a bit. They aren't very good as a staple bug. I'd focus on giving him salads and try to find some greens and veges he likes. You can withhold bugs until he digs in. Offer him some drops of water on his nose and see if he'll lick it up. The extra hydration may help his system get going again. It may take a while but it's best to get his overall diet straightened out for long term health.

The nose plug is probably shed. It can sometimes take quite a while for those to come clear but they will come out on their own. It's best not to mess with them because if they are attached inside his nose, pulling could cause damage.

DigitalJackal

Original Poster
What staple insect would you suggest aside from crickets?
Also what is a good treat insect?
He doesn't like his fruits and greens and such

Also I was able to give him a bath and he finally went to the bathroom I'm so happy about this I almost cried when I picked him up because I had adopted him and he's finally being friendly with me

The nose things still haven't come out and Im worried

I tried dripping water on his nose and he just looked at me like I'm crazy

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
good worms are calci worms also known by repti worms, phoenicx, black soldier fly larvae

their calcium phosphorous ratio is quite excellent and doesn't' require calcium dusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom