Orange coloring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
88322-1762868385.jpg
88322-6014942615.jpg
88322-7133188830.jpg
88322-90377750.jpg
This is my 3 month old baby, Dandelion. She has shed twice in the two months we've had her, and each time the orange on her has become more pronounced, especially in the sun! First off, is she what they call a "Sandfire Orange" bearded dragon? and Second, is she likely to keep this coloring? Thanks!

MsCarter

Juvie Member
She is absolutely beautiful. I'm not good at identifying morphs or special names based on coloring or pattens. But I can confirm that as she grows you will most likely see even more orange come through. She's still has so much growing to do so it's hard to say how orange she will be. It's pretty cool how much they can change.

Gail

BD.org Addict
No way to know what her lineage is unless the breeder told you her bloodlines. What she is, is a very pretty orange and I believe she will keep her coloring.

NewDragonMommy

Original Poster
She is a petco "rescue". We have been battling a very resistant respiratory infection. I was afraid for a few days that we'd lose her. But she is on the mend! She was sick when we got her, and being the beardie newbie that I am, I was lucky to recognize it in time!.....long story lol. But that's why I don't know her bloodline, or color morph.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
I understand, props to you for providing her with a loving home and for tackling the issue in time. Unfortunately places like petco and petsmart usually don't provide their animals with the best care. You definitely struck gold in this little cutie. To already display such bright beautiful coloring at such a young age it's safe to assume she's going to be nothing short of stunning as an adult.

NewDragonMommy

Original Poster
When we got her, she showed no color. She was pure black/gray. I was so shocked when she turned into this little beauty!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
NewDragonMommy":3aih2zs0 said:
When we got her, she showed no color. She was pure black/gray. I was so shocked when she turned into this little beauty!
Yes she IS quite stunning!!! She get more beautiful as time goes on.

OMG! What a gorgeous baby! I'm cry!
My Lockdown is a petco rescue too, and I would love to rescue all the babies from petco if I could. ugh...

Keep us posted on what she turns like. I can't wait to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom