Won't Eat Veggies or Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I first got my beardie, he ate his veggies and fruit occasionally. He would willingly go to his dish and eat a decent portion every few days. I've had him for a little over 2 months and now he's eating almost NO fruit or veggies. I give him 4-5 super worms a day, and I provide a variety of greens such as broccoli, carrots, celery, spinach, apple, etc... And The only way I can get him to eat them is if I put the worms in with the greens and even then he picks through it to get to the worms.
Could I stop feeding him worms for a bit and give him only greens to make him eat them?
Please help, I'm starting to get really worried!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
How old is he? Baby beardies need 80% insects and 20% greens, so if he isn't eating ti much greens he should be fine. Also, if he is under 16" or so, you might want to change his staple insect. Super worms are very fatty and chitinous so maybe try phoenix worms, dubia, or silkworms. :D

SkyeNoelle8

Original Poster
Well, I got him from craigslist but I think they said he's 2ish. I'm guessing he's 2 1/2 right now.
He is app. 17 inches long.
I tried crickets when I first got him but they smelled bad and kept escaping.
If I did change his staple insect source, what would you suggest? I need something I can buy locally, because I only get like 50 at a time so I'd have to order every few weeks which would be a pain.
Thanks for any and all help :)

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Where are you located generally? There are some great places that will ship to you at a good rate and may be cheaper than a local big chain pet store.

lindasgonebuggy is a good site and she's based in florida.

I'm in Alberta Canada and dubia roaches are illegal here or I would start a colony. You might want to look into those as a staple insect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom