Feeding schedule help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! So i am getting soo much mixed information on how frequently i should feed my dragon insects and which insects to feed her. I would prefer to stick with worms, she doesnt eat crickets, she ignores them entirely. So what type of worm is okay to feed her as her insect and how often? She is 2 years old and decently sized, maybe about a foot with her tail.
I dont want to feed her worms that would cause impaction and i cant seem to get a straight answer on what worms will cause it and which ones wont. Help! P.s. i am a new owner, she was a surpise gift, so i havnt had her the entire 2 years! Just for 2 days.

SpacialCoogs

Sub-Adult Member
Hi there.

For an adult beardie you should offer her salad every day, leave it in her tank during the day and take it out before lights out. Worms 2-3 times a week. IMO
You basically want their ratio to be 80% veg - 20 % insect/protein and you should look into supplementing calcium and multivitamins.

As to what you should offer I recommend taking a look at this list and make some choices.
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
Common greens are collard, mustard,dandelion etc. I also like giving my girl a little fruit with her salad, she seems to love raspberries but won't touch strawberries. You'll have to experiment to see what your little one likes.

Worms - best choice is Phoenix/calci/repti/black soldier fly larvae - all the same name for a worm with great calcium and phosphorous ratios. The added benefit being they don't need to be calcium dusted.

Mealworms have a tough outer chitin which makes them harder to digest, kingworms are just mealworms who can't really breed and are larger.

Superworms shouldn't be fed as often as they are high in fat.

Hornworms - i use as a treat due to their size and cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom