Beardie not basking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1992

Hello all,

My male beardie, less than a year old was put in his new enclosure about 1 month ago. He has been staying on the cool side and sometimes shows some dark colors like a greenish gold on his head. Today he didn't seem too interested in his food. He ate 3 super worms and 1 medium/large dubia. He hasn't been pooping as often as he used to but I don't think that he is impacted. Temperature on the basking spot is between 100 and 107 depending on where I place the log and 86 in the corner where he stays. Temperatures are taken with a temp gun and probe. I will add a photo of his enclosure. Am I doing something wrong here?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Is this the same basking log he had before and, is it in the same position in the new viv as it was in the old one? They have favorite things just like we do, it could be as simple as moving things around like they used to be.
It could take him a while to settle in to his new viv, they don't like change, it stresses them out, sometimes for weeks.
The cool end is a bit warm, it needs to be between 75 and 80.

Mike1992

Original Poster
Same place different log. Had a rock there before. But it's not that big. He is now just in his hide which is also too small but he likes it. I had swapped his hide and the log last week and he still went to the cool side but sat on the log. He went from a 15 gallon tank to a 36x20x20 Wood viv that I made

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Mike1992":1qqohrsp said:
Same place different log. Had a rock there before. But it's not that big
Put "HIS" rock back in there but put it on another one if its not tall enough, it might surprise you. They are strange little buggers, lol!

Mike1992

Original Poster
premammalian":tgf3ybhe said:
Could it be preparation for brumation?

Not sure. It's my second beardie and the first one never did. Not sure what to look for for signs of brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom